How to Apply
The following materials are required for application to the Master of Science in Nursing degree program. Prospective students can apply to the Master's program using the KU Medical Center Online Application.
- Graduate application to the School of Nursing, online at
- $75 nonrefundable application fee.
- Official transcript(s) of all college-level coursework. Transcripts should be sent directly to the University of Kansas School of Nursing.
- Letter clearly stating applicant's detailed personal objectives and specific career goals.
- Three references from professional colleagues or faculty, who are able to attest to the applicant's potential abilty for scholarly activity and leadership roles.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae, describing the applicant's educational and experiential background. Include information about the following: education, certification/licensure, work experience, clinical leadership, community/organizational involvement, scholarship/research, and honors/awards.
- Evidence of current registered nurse licensure in at least one state of the United States. Upon admission, students will need to meet additional licensure and participation requirements.
- An informational on-campus or telephone interview with a School of Nursing representative. To schedule an appointment, call 913-588-1619.
April 1 for Fall semester September 1 for Spring semester
Admission decisions for each semester are finalized approximately eight weeks after the application deadline. All applicants are notified of their admission status with mailed letters from the Associate Dean for Student Affairs.
Enrollment Deposit: To verify admission acceptance and secure enrollment, admitted graduate students must submit a $400 (non-refundable) enrollment deposit. This deposit is applied to the first semester's tuition and is not an additional fee.
New Student Orientation: New master's students are required to attend an orientation program, on-campus at the KU Medical Center campus in Kansas City, Kansas. The one-day orientation program is scheduled during the week prior to the start of semester classes. Additional information regarding orientation is sent to students after receipt of the enrollment deposit.