How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in applying to the RN to BSN Program at the University of Kansas School of Nursing. Students are admitted to this program three times per year.
Application and Deadlines
Deadlines: All parts of the application (including transcripts and references) must be submitted by the appropriate deadline. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early.
- April 1: Summer session admission deadline.
- July 1: Fall session admission deadline
- Nov. 1: Spring session admission deadline
The following materials and steps are required for application to the RN to BSN program:
- Application: Apply online. Select "Nursing RN to BSN" on the Program Choice screen.
- Payment: $75 nonrefundable application fee
- Transcript(s): Submit official transcript(s) of all college coursework to:
KU School of Nursing, Mail Stop 2029, 3901 Rainbow Blvd., Kansas City, KS 66160
- (3) Letters of Reference: Gather the names and email addresses of three people from whom you wish to request letters. Once you submit your application, your references will be emailed with instructions for submitting their recommendation online. References should be requested from people who are able to describe your potential to be successful in the nursing program. You should avoid asking personal friends or family members. Faculty, graduate teaching assistants, supervisors from work or volunteer experiences, or advisers/leaders from extracurricular or community activities would all be appropriate people to ask.
Admission decisions are granted on a rolling basis, typically 4-6 weeks following receipt of your completed application. All applicants are notified of their admission status via email from the Associate Dean for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management.
- Deposit: To verify admission acceptance and secure enrollment, admitted RN to BSN program students must submit a $200 (non-refundable) enrollment deposit. This deposit is applied to the first semester's tuition and is not an additional fee.
Mar 23, 2017