Chito Belchez, MSN, RN-BC
Clinical Assistant Professor
MSN, University of Kansas School of Nursing
BSN, University of Kansas School of Nursing
BA, Seton Hall University, So. Orange, N.J.
- KU faculty since 2012
- Served as the Director of the Education Department at Liberty Hospital
- Clinical background is in Progressive Care and Ambulatory Surgery with Pre and Post Anesthesia Care
- Board-certified Nursing Professional Development
- Basic Life Support Instructor, American Heart Association
Academic Program Affiliations
- Shared Curriculum / KU-Community Colleges Partnership Model
Current Areas of Teaching
- Development of a Microsystem Leader
- Evolving Healthcare System
- Scholarly Inquiry for Quality Improvement Course.
- Summer Interprofessional Teaching Clinic Elective
- Belchez, C. & Johnstone-Moguet, P. (1992). Bikol Newspaper Reader. Dunwoody Press
- Daack-Hirsch, S., Jackson, B., Belchez, C. A., Elder, B., Hurley, R., Kerr, P., & Nissen, M. K. (2013). Integrating Genetics and Genomics into Nursing Curricula: You Can Do It Too!. Nursing Clinics of North America, 48(4), 661-669. PMID: 24295193
- Martin, D., Belchez, C., & Antonacci. (2014). Lesson Learned from Teaching in Technology, Rich, Active Learning Classroom. Designing the University of the Future: Putting Learning First. KU Teaching Summit 2014. University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas. August 2014.
- Martin, D. & Belchez, C. (2013). Structural Issues in a Team Based Learning Environment. KUMC Exemplar Courses. University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas. December 02, 2013.
- Martin, D, & Belchez, C. (2013). "What Students can Teach Us about Successful Team Based Learning" Scholarship of Teaching Series, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas, November 18, 2013.
- Fletcher, K. & Belchez, C. (2013). Team-Based Learning. Pre-Conference: Fostering Concept-Based Learning. Lessons from Oz: Assuring Capabilities for Future Nursing Education and Practice 40th Annual national Conference for Professional Nursing Education and Development (PNEG)l Conference, 2013. Westin Crown Center, Kansas City, Missouri. October, 2013.
- Martin, D. & Belchez, C. (2013). Using a Team Based Learning Approach with Undergraduate Students. Lessons from Oz: Assuring Capabilities for Future Nursing Education and Practice 40th Annual national Conference for Professional Nursing Education and Development (PNEG)l Conference, 2013. Westin Crown Center, Kansas City, Missouri. October, 2013.
Awards & Honors
- 2010, Nurse Educator of the Year from the Philippine Nurses Association of America (PNAA)
- 2007, the Sigma Theta Tau Delta Chapter Leadership and Academic Excellence Graduate Student Award
Aug 22, 2016