Cynthia Teel, PhD, RN, FAAN
Professor, Associate Dean, Graduate Programs
PhD, Clinical Nursing Research, University of Arizona
MS, Nursing, University of Nevada, Reno
BS, Nursing, California State University, Hayward
Cynthia Teel, PhD RN, FAAN, has been with the KU School of Nursing since 1993. Currently, Dr. Teel serves as associate dean for graduate programs. In that capacity, she coordinates programs for master's and doctoral students.
Dr. Teel's educational research has been supported by funding from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. She has collaborated with others to investigate new models for clinical education in nursing and uses this work as a basis for a series of state-wide summits that were convened in 2009 and 2010 for nurse educators and clinical nurses. These summits focused on how to maximize resources to meet state needs for more nurses and more nursing faculty.
Following the summits, Dr. Teel has led an effort to create a virtual, state-wide center for nursing, the Kansas Center for Nursing
. The Center will provide support for nurses working on projects related to education, practice, and leadership and will serve as a communication center for nurses across the state. Dr. Teel also is Co-Lead of the Kansas Action Coalition, which received designation as an Action Coalition in 2011.
- Peltzer, J. & Teel, C. (2012). Development of a comprehensive health center in a rural community: A qualitative case study. Leadership in Health Services, 12(1), 52-61.
- Murray, T., MacIntyre, R., & Teel, C. (2011). An analysis of partnership performance: The St. Johns Mercy medical center-Saint Louis university school of nursing dedicated education unit project. Journal of Professional Nursing, 27(6), e58-e63.
- Teel, C., MacIntyre, R., Murray, T., & Rock, K. (2011). Common themes in clinical education partnerships. Journal of Nursing Education, 50(7), 365-372.
- Gillath, O., Johnson, D., Selcuk, E., & Teel, C. (2011). Comparing old and young adults as they cope with life transitions: The links between network management skills and attachment style to depression. Clinical Gerontologist, 34, 251-265.
- Parker, C., Teel, C., Leenerts, M., & Macan, A. (2011). A theory-based Self-Care TALK intervention for family caregiver-nurse partnerships. Journal of Gerontological Nursing, 37(1), 30-35.
- Niederhauser, V., MacIntyre, R., Garner, C., Teel, C., & Murray, T. (2010). Transformational partnerships in nursing education. Nursing Education Perspectives, 31(6), 353-355. Originally printed in the October 2010 Institute of Medicine report The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health asAppendix G. Reprinted in NEP with permission from the National Academy of Sciences.
- Myers, J., Grigsby, J., & Teel, C., Kramer, A. (2009) Nurses' assessment of rehabilitation potential and prediction of functional status at discharge from inpatient rehabilitation. International Journal of Rehabilitation Research, 32(3), 264-266.
- Teel, C. S., MacIntyre, R., & Murray, T. (2009) Identifying innovations in clinical education: Unique features and common themes. MNRS Nursing Education Section Research Brief, http://www.mnrs.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3647
- MacIntyre, R., Murray, T., Teel, C. , & Karshmer, J. (2009). Five recommendations for pre-licensure clinical nursing education. Journal of Nursing Education, 48(8), 447-453.
- 2011, Nurse of the Year Award, Education, Kansas State Nurses Association
- 2006, Robert Wood Johnson Executive Nurse Fellow 2006-2009
- 2005, Faculty Investigator Research Award, KUMC
- 2005, W. T. Kemper Fellowship for Excellence in Teaching and Advising, KU
- 2004, Chancellor's Distinguished Teaching Award for Excellence in Teaching, KU
- American Nurses Association, Kansas State Nurses Association
- Midwest Nursing Research Society (MNRS Vice-President, 2004-2006)
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- Sigma Xi
View Dr. Teel's profile
May 07, 2013