David L. Martin, MN, RN
Director, RN-BSN & Shared Curriculum Programs
Clinical Associate Professor
BSN, Pittsburg State University
MN, University of Washington
- KU faculty since 1991
- Sigma Theta Tau, Delta Chapter
Academic Program Affiliations
- Shared Curriculum
Current Areas of Teaching
- NURS 357: Introduction to the Baccalaureate Nurse Role
- NURS 443: Developing the Baccalaureate Nurse Role
- NURS 447: Nursing Practice Within the Clinical Health Care Micro System
- NURS 449: Nursing Practice within the Health care Organization
- NURS 451: Navigating the Influences of the Health care Macro-Environment
- NURS 471: Development of a Microsystem Leader
- NURS 476: Nursing in an Evolving Healthcare System
- Martin, D., Godfrey, N. & Walker, M. The Baccalaureate Big 5: (2015). What magnet hospitals should expect from a baccalaureate generalist nurse. Journal of Nursing Administration 45(3) 1-4. PMID: 25689494
- Kumm, S. Godfrey, N., Martin, D. Tucci, M., Muenks, M. & Spaeth, T. (2014). Baccalaureate outcomes met by associate degree nursing programs. Nurse Educator 39(5), 216-220. PMID: 24978014
- Martin, D.L., Redford, L. & Wahlstedt, P. (Winter, 1997). The development of the profession of nursing in Kyrgyzstan. The Journal of Multicultural Nursing and Health 3(1) 6-10.
- Martin, D. L. (1997). Developing nursing administration in Kyrgyzstan. The Kansas Nurse (71)6, 8-13.
- 2014, "What Magnet Hospitals Should Expect from Today's Baccalaureate Generalist Nurse", Martin, D., Godfrey, N. & Walker, M. AACN National Magnet Conference, Dallas Texas, October 10, 2014.
- 2014, "Combining Team Based Learning with Community of Inquiry Model in a Concept Based Course for Undergraduate Nursing Students", Martin, D. & Belchez, C. Team Based Learning Collaborative. Fort Worth, Texas, March 7-8, 2014.
- 2013, "Using a Team based Learning approach in a concept based course with undergraduate nursing students", Martin, D. & Belchez, C 40th Annual National Leadership PNEG Conference, Kansas City, Missouri, Podium Presentation, October 18, 2013
- 2013, "Incorporating Microsystem Leadership Concepts for Undergraduate Nursing Students", 40th Annual National Leadership PNEG Conference, Kansas City, Missouri, Martin, D. & Belchez, C Podium Presentation, October 18, 2013
- 2010, "Senior Nursing Students' Attitudes Toward Patient Care Before and After a Professional Practicum Experience", Principal Investigator. Funding received from University of Kansas School of Nursing, Office of Grants and Research(OGR) for 2010 Fall OGR Faculty Research. Award. Total Support $5000 (D. Martin, N. Godfrey, J. Warren, & K. Tally).
- 2008, "Perceived Learning needs of Registered Nurse Preceptors of Senior Nursing Students in Their Professional Practicum (Capstone) Course". Principal Investigator. Funding received from University of Kansas School of Nursing, Office of Grants and Research for 2008 Faculty Practice Research Award. Total Support $5000 (D. Martin, M.K. Brewer, & N. Barr).
- 2003, "Baccalaureate Nurse Residency Program Demonstration Project Evaluation Study" Kansas University Hospital Site Project Member & School of Nursing Representative and Coordinator.
Awards & Honors
- 11th Phyllis Keeney Lawrence Teaching Award, KU School of Nursing, 2008.
- Jayhawker RN Lecture Award, University of Kansas School of Nursing Senior class, 2005
- Honorable Mention, Jayhawker RN Lecture Award, University of Kansas School of Nursing Senior Class 2001.
- e-Learning Design Award, Honorable Mention. Presented by the Center for Research on Learning, University of Kansas, 2000.
Aug 02, 2016