Delois Meyer Laverentz, MN, RN, CCRN-K
Clinical Assistant Professor
MN, University of Kansas
BSN, University of Kansas
Diploma, Bishop Clarkson Memorial Hospital, School of Nursing
- University of Kansas faculty since 2006
- Fort Hayes State, Hayes, Kansas faculty 1996 - 1998
- William Jewell College, Liberty, Missouri faculty 1985 - 1995
- Sigma Theta Tau, Delta Chapter
- American Association of Critical Care Nurse
Academic Program Affiliations
Current Areas of Teaching
- NURS 326 Pharmacology for the Practicing Nurse
- NURS 441 Nursing Research in an Evidence Based Practice Setting
- NURS 472 Evidenced-Based Practice: Translating Research into Practice
- Jernigan, S.D., Hodgkins, S.R., Hildenbrand, W.C., Laverentz, D.M., Johnson, K., Waxman, M.J., & Zaudke, J.K. (2018). Teaching for practice: The impact of a large-scale interprofessional foundational program. Journal of Allied Health, 47(2), e53-359. PMID: 29868704
- Kumm, S., & Laverentz, D.M. (2018). A nursing partnership to accelerate academic progression. Nursing Education Perspectives. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.NEP.000000000000031
- Kumm, S., & Laverentz, D.M. (2017). Concept-based curriculum evaluation: 5-year process. Teaching and Learning in Nursing. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.teln.2017.06.004
- Laverentz, D.M. & Kumm, S. (2017). Concept evaluation using the PDSA cycle for continuous quality improvement. Nursing Education Perspectives, 38(5), 288-290. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28820763
- Shrader, S., Hodgkins, R., Laverentz, D., Zaudke, J., Waxman, M., Johnston, K. & Jernigan, S. (2016). Interprofessional education and practice guide no.7: Development, implementation, and evaluation of a large-scale required interprofession education foundational programme. Journal of Interprofessional Care, 1-5. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13561820.2016.1189889
- Nelson-Brantley, H. V., & Laverentz, D. M. (2014). Leaderless organization: Active learning strategy in a concept-based curriculum. Journal of Nursing Education, 53(8), 484. DOI: 10.3928/01484834-20140722-12
- Laverentz, D.M. & Young, E. (2017). Poster Presentation at NLN Education Summit, Preparing Interprofessional Nurse Leaders: An IPE Passport Program, Poster presentation. NLN Education Summit 2018, San Diego, California.
- Laverentz, D.M. & Young, E. (2016). Implementation Campus-Wide Interprofessional Education: Making it Work, Poster presentation. NLN Education Summit, Orlando, Florida.
- Laverentz, D.M., and Kumm, S. (2015). Continuous Quality Improvement Process for Concept Development. Poster presentation. Elsevier's 2015 Concept-Based Curriculum Symposium, Kansas City, Missouri.
- Nelson, H, V., & Laverentz, D.M. (October 18, 2013). Interprofessional Education and TeamSTEPPSTM: Delivering on Our Commitment to Quality, Safety and Efficiency Across the Continuum of Care. Podium presentation. Lessons from Oz: The 40th Annual National Conference on Professional Nursing Education and Development, Kansas City, Missouri.
- Laverentz, D.M., Busenhart, C., & Wilson, E. (October 18, 2013). Lessons in RESPECT: Creating a Healthy Culture for Learning. Poster presentation. Lessons from Oz: The 40th Annual National Conference on Professional Nursing Education and Development, Kansas City, Missouri.
- Laverentz, D.M., & Pierce, L.N. (October 17, 2013). Selecting Concepts. Podium presentation. Fostering Concept-Based Learning: Getting Started a Preconference for Lessons from Oz: The 40th Annual National Conference on Professional Nursing Education and Development, Kansas City, Missouri.
2017-2018, $5,000 Clinical Faculty Research Grant, Describing Nursing Students' Attitudes about Interprofessional Practice, co-PI Elizabeth Young