E. LaVerne Manos, DNP, RN-BC
Clinical Assistant Professor
BSN, University of Kansas
MS, University of Kansas
DNP, University of Kansas
E. LaVerne Manos, DNP, RN-BC, is the program director for the Master of Science in Health Informatics program at the KU School of Nursing. Dr. Manos is also program director for the Simulated E-hEalth Delivery System (SEEDS) partnership between KU Medical Center and Cerner Corporation as well as a member of the core team in the interprofessional education center at the University of Kansas.
Dr. Manos is recipient and principal investigator/project director of a 3-year $998,000 HRSA grant. The Interprofessional Collaborative Acute Care Practice ICAP-Peds project will help at-risk children and their families transition smoothly from hospital to home to follow-up care. The grant team will facilitate the training and organization of interprofessional care teams skilled at developing comprehensive transitional care plans. Several innovative training techniques will be utilized to improve care and patient outcomes.
An invited member of the Task Force on Informatics-related Roles and Categorization, Dr. Manos serves with peers assembled by the executive leadership of the American Medical Informatics Association to develop a structure for describing and categorizing the varying roles, functions and related certification needs among individuals working in biomedical informatics, health informatics and related fields.
- Experience in the perioperative venue, at the bedside, and in healthcare administration.
- Work in the healthcare informatics specialty in various practice settings which includes the following;
- Implementing electronic health records
- Clinical decision support
- Creation and implementation of electronic health record
- Terminology modeling and mapping
- Development of electronic health record software
- Strategic management of new development of electronic health record software in the United States and globally
- Work in education, teaching interprofessional graduate informatics to a student population who learn about, from, and with each other.
- Connors, H. B., Warren, J.J., & Manos, E. L. (2012). Informatics in the curriculum for healthcare professionals. In Nelson, R., & Staggers, N. (Eds.). Nursing informatics: An interprofessional approach for health practitioners. Maryland Heights, MO: Elsevier.
- Warren, J. J., Manos, E. L., Meyer, M., & Roche, A. (2012). Integrating an academic electronic health record into simulations. In Campbell, S., & Daley, K. (Eds.), Simulation scenarios for nursing educators. New York, NY: Springer.
PRESENTATIONS (papers, posters)
- Waitman, L. R., Warren, J.J., Manos, E. L., & Connolly, D.W. (2011). Expressing Observations from Electronic Medical Record Flowsheets in an i2b2 based Clinical Data Repository. In Proceedings of the AMIA 2011 Symposium: Biomedical and Health Informatics
- Warren, J.J., Manos, E. L., Roche, A., & Meyer, M.N. "Medication Barcoding: An Enhancement of Clinical Simulation." Real Meaningful Use: Evolution or Revolution? Sponsor: Summer Institute in Nursing Informatics, University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD. July 22, 2011.
- Health IT and Patient Safety Conference: Showcase KU ongoing collaboration with Cerner's Academic Education solutions. September 15, 2011
- Scotten, M., Meyer, M.N., Davidow, L., Manos, E. L. IMSH 2012. Expert Panel # 537, Meet Cara Morgan
- Warren, J.J., Manos, E.L., Bergquist-Beringer, S., Dunton, N. (2011). NDNQI Pressure Ulcer Indicator Quality Model.
- Warren, J.J., Manos, E.L. Teaching QSEN Teamwork and Collaboration in an online graduate course. Paper presented at the QSEN National Forum.
- Manos, E.L., Roche, A. (2012, May). Mapping QSEN competencies to the use of academic electronic health record (AEHR) in an undergraduate curriculum. Poster presented at the QSEN National Forum. Tucson, Arizona.
- Manos, E. L., Warren, J. J. (2012, June). Modeling information systems: A novel approach for educating health informaticians. Poster presented at the 11th International Congress on Nursing Informatics. Montreal, Canada.
- Warren, J.J., Manos, E.L., Connolly, D. W., Waitman, L. R. (2012, June). Ambient findability: Developing a flowsheet ontology for i2B2. Paper presented at the 11th International Congress on Nursing Informatics. Montreal, Canada.
- Fincham, T., Sullivan, D., & Manos, E.L. (2012, August). Expert Panel. Second Life as instructional technology: Using a virtual world for health education. Presented at The 13th Annual Summer Institute on Distance Learning and Instructional Technology (SIDLIT).
- Jeffries, P. R., Manos, E. L., Skiba, D. J., Willhous, J. K. (2012, October). Achieving IPE goals with technology: Panel Discussion, Plenary Session.
- 2012 Healthcare Reform and Health Information Technology: Nursing Input at the Federal Level. Plenary Session. National League for Nursing, 7th Technology Conference Spokane Washington.
- 2012 What the SEEDS Academic EHR has Sprouted! National League for Nursing, 7th Technology Conference Spokane Washington
- National League for Nursing
- American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA)
- The Society for Simulation in Healthcare
- Sigma Theta Tau, Delta Chapter
Jul 24, 2013