Marjorie J. Bott, Ph.D., RN
Associate Professor Emerita
Ph.D., University of Kansas School of Nursing, Lawrence, Kansas
MA, Health Services Management, Webster University, Kansas City, Missouri
BSN, South Dakota State University, Brookings, South Dakota
- KU faculty since 2002
- Sigma Theta Tau, Delta Chapter
- Midwest Nursing Research Society
- Peer reviewer for Nursing Economic$, Geriatric Nursing, BMC Health Services Research, Journal of Palliative Medicine
Academic Program Affiliations
- BSN Honors Program
- Nelson-Brantley, H.V. Ford, D.J., Miller, K.L., & Bott, M.J. (2018) Nurse executives leading change to improve critical access hospital outcomes: A literature review with research-informed recommendations. Online Journal of Rural Nursing and Health Care. 18(1), 148-179. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.14574/ojrnhc.v18i1.510
- Nelson-Brantley, H.V. Ford, D.J., Miller, K.L., Stegenga, K.A., Lee, R.H., & Bott, M.J. (2018). Leading change: A case study of the first independent Critical Access Hospital to achieve Magnet® designation. Journal of Nursing Administration 48, 141-148.
- Williams, K., Ayagari, P., Perkhounkova, Y., Bott, M.J., Herman, R., & Bossen, A. (2017) Costs of a staff communication intervention to reduce dementia behaviors in nursing home care. The Journal of Nursing Home Research Sciences, 3, 118-123.
- Johnson, S. & Bott, M. J. (2016). Communication with residents and families in nursing homes at the end of life. Journal of Hospice and Palliative Nursing, 18(2), 124-130. doi:10.1097/NJH.0000000000000222.
- Zhao, U.L. Bott, M.J., He J. H., Kim, H., & Dunton, N. (2018) Multilevel factors associated with injurious falls in acute care hospitals. Journal of Nursing Care Quality, 33(1):20-28. doi: 10.1097/NCQ.0000000000000253.
- Bott, M.J., Karanevich, A., Garrard, L., Price, L. R., Mudaranthakam, D.P., & Gajewski, B. J. (2016). Confirmatory factor analysis alternative: Free Accessible CBID software. Western Journal of Nursing Research. 40, 257-269 http://wjn.sagepub.com/cgi/reprint/0193945916681564v1.pdf?ijkey=RTRlN0nBXoIUtoL&keytype=finite PMC5453854
- Garrard, L., Price, L. R., Bott, M.J., & Gajewski, B. (2015). A novel method for expediting the development of patient-reported outcome measures and an evaluation of its performance via simulation. BMC Medical Research Methodology Research, 8, 2-31. http://archie.kumc.edu/handle/2271/1333
- 2014-2015, Co-Investigator. A Novel Method for Expediting the Development of Patient Reported Outcomes Measures, Gajewski, B (PI). Funded by NIH: NR013236
- 2013-2015, Co-investigator. Changing Talk to Reduce Resistiveness to Dementia Care, Williams, K (PI), Funded by NIH: NR011455
- 2011-2012, Co-investigator. Expediting Clinical and Translational Research via Bayesian Instrument Development (BID), Gajewski, B (PI), Funded by CTSA Clinical Pilot, KUMC
- 2006-2011, Co-investigator. The Impact of Quality End-of-Life in Nursing Homes, Thompson, S ( PI), Funded by NIH: NR009547
- 2001-2014, Senior Scientist. The National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators ® (NDNQI), Dunton, N. PI. Funded by American Nurses Association.
Awards & Honors
- 2018 Community Leadership Award, Delta Chapter, Sigma Theta Tau International
- 2018 Distinguished Service Award, Midwest Nursing Research Society
- 2017 Distinguished Nursing Alumna, University of Kansas Medical Center