Heejung Kim, Ph.D., RN
Ph.D., University of Virginia, Charlottesville
MSN, University of Virginia, Charlotesville
BSN, Yonsei University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
- KU faculty since 2012
- Sigma Theta Tau, Delta Chapter
- Peer reviewer for Journal of Advanced Nursing
Academic Program Affiliations
Current Areas of Teaching
- NRSG 754, Health Care Research
- Bossen, A., Kim, H., Williams, K., Steinhoff, A., & Strieker, M. (2015). Emerging roles for telemedicine and smart technologies in dementia care. Smart Homecare Technology and TeleHealth, in press (Invited review).
- Kim, H. (2015). Understanding Internet use among dementia caregivers: Results of secondary data analysis using the US caregiver survey data. Interact J Med Res, 4(1), e1. PMID: 25707033
- Kim, H., & Rose, K.M. Concept analysis of family homeostasis. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 70(11):2450-68. PMID: 25109705
- Kim, H., Rose, K.M., Netemeyer, R.G., Merwin, E.I., and Williams I.C. (2014). A secondary data analysis of Internet use in caregivers of persons with dementia. Nursing Open, 1(1), 15-22. DOI: 10.1002/nop2.2 (Data based)
- Kim, H., Chang, M., Rose, K., and Kim, S. (2012). Predictors of caregiver burden in caregivers of individuals with dementia. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 68(4), 846-855. PMID: 21793872
- Bowers, K and Kim, H. (2015). Computerized Cognitive Training in Older Adults with Cognitive Impairment: Personalized Device Training. Student poster presentation at the 2015 Annual MNRS Research Conference, Indianapolis, IN (Plan to be presented in April 16 -19).
- Kim, H. (2012). Digital divide among informal caregivers of individuals living with dementia. Podium presentation at the Gerontological Society of America's 65th Annual Scientific Meeting, San Diego, CA (Presented in November 11-18).
- Kim, H. (2012). Internet use in caregiving trajectory of informal caregivers of individuals with dementia. Podium presentation at the Gerontological Society of America's 65th Annual Scientific Meeting, San Diego, CA (Presented in November 11-18).
- Kim, H. Rose, K.M., Netemeyer, R., Merwin, E., and Williams, I. (2012). The relationship of caregiver stress and health-related Internet use for informal caregivers of individuals living with dementia. Poster presentation at the Southern Nursing Research Society, New Orleans, Louisiana (Presented in February 22-25)
- 2014-15 Feasibility of PC Tablet-Based Cognitive Training in Cognitively Impaired Adults, KU Frontiers: The Heartland Institute for CTSA pilot grant and KU Alzheimer's Disease Center, PI Heejung Kim
- 2013-14 Cognitive-Physical Activities Using Mobile Tablets by Mild Cognitively Impaired Adults, KU School of Nursing, Office of Grants and Research Faculty Research Awards, PI Heejung Kim
- 2013-14 Cognitive-Physical Activities Using Mobile Tablets by Adults with Mild Cognitive Impairment Frontiers: The Heartland Institute for Clinical and Translational Research Trail Blazer Award, PI Heejung Kim
Awards & Honors
- 2013, Butler-Williams Scholars, National Institute on Aging, Summer Institute on Aging Research
- 2012, The Student of the Year Award, Korean-American Scientists and Engineers Association-Central Virginia Chapter
- 2008-2011, Pre-doctoral Scholarship as a Trainee Award by U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Public Health Service, University of Virginia School of Nursing
- 2007-2008, Harriet L. Foster and Seymora Fagg Mitchell Scholarship, University of Virginia School of Nursing
- 2002, Grand Prize at the student thesis competition, College of Nursing, Yonsei University
Apr 06, 2015