Jenny Beerman, MN, RN
Clinical Assistant Professor
MN, University of Kansas Medical Center
BSN, St. Luke’s School of Nursing
BA, University of Missouri Kansas City
Jenny Beerman, Clinical Assistant Professor, is busy both inside and outside of the classroom. Beerman's education for nursing began at St. Luke's School of Nursing, where she earned her degree in Nursing. She then received her bachelor of arts from the University of Missouri Kansas City and went on to earn her master's in nursing at the University of Kansas. Before becoming a clinical assistant professor at the University of Kansas School of Nursing in 2001, Beerman, worked as a staff nurse, cardiovascular nursing instructor, surgical instructor, co-developer and cardiac clinical nurse and president of a nurse consulting firm.
When Beerman isn't teaching nursing students, she can be found consulting, editing, volunteering or participating in professional societies. Beerman has served on the manuscript review panel for NETWORK News for the Legal Nurse Consulting, has been on the Editorial Board and has been Editor for the Journal of Legal Nurse Consulting. She has also served on national boards and committees such as: The American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants and National Conferences in Chicago and Houston.
Beerman is affiliated with American Association of Critical Care Nurses, American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants, and Sigma Theta Tau. She received the Jayhawker RN Clinical Award in 2004, 2006, 2010 and 2011.
- Bogart, J. and Beerman, J. (1995) "Expert Fact Witness: A Testifying Role for the Legal Nurse Consultant." The Journal of Legal Nurse Consultant. 6(4) 2.8.
- Iyer, P., Bogart, J. and Beerman, J. (1996) The Legal Process: "A View From the Expert Witness's Hot Seat." NeuroRehabilitation. 7 (1996) 137-149
- Iyer, P. (2001). Nursing Malpractice, First Edition. Lawyers & Judges Publishing Company, Inc.
- Mahley, S. and Beerman, J. (1998) "Following the Chain of Command in an Obstetric Setting: A Nurse's Responsibility." The Journal of Legal Nurse Consultant. 9(1) 7-13
- Various Authors, Legal Nurse Consulting: Principles and Practice, J.B. Bogart, Editor, Boca Raton, CRC Press, 1998.
- Various Authors, Sample Reports for Legal Nurse Consultants, American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants, 2001