Jessica Everritt Gay, MSN, RNC
MSN, University of Texas at Austin
BSN, University of Louisiana at Monroe
- KU faculty since 2012
- RNC-Maternal Newborn Nursing
- Sigma Theta Tau, Delta Chapter
- Association of Women's Health, Obstetric, and Neonatal Nurses
- Faculty Advisor, KU Student Nurses Association
- University of Kansas School of Nursing Continuing Nursing Education Committee
Academic Program Affiliations
Current Areas of Teaching
- NURS 332, Health and Illness I: Foundations of Nursing
- NURS 339, Health & Illness: Nursing Across the Life Span Practicum
- NRSG 475, Health and Illness: Nursing with Diverse Populations Practicum
- NURS 477, Capstone Professional Practicum
- Gay, J., and Parker, B., (2014). Chapter 25, The pregnant woman, in Nursing health assessment: A best practice approach, 2nd edition, by Jensen, S. Lippincott, Williams, & Wilkins.
- Gay, J., and Phillips, C., (Nov 2014). Poster presentation at 18th Annual Midwest Regional Nursing Educators Midwest Regional Nurse Educators Conference: Innovations, Quality and Safety in Nursing Education and Practice, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO. "Concept Cards: An Innovative Teaching Strategy for Maternity Practicum".
- Gay, J., and Phillips, C. (April 2014). Conference Faculty, Promoting Student Learning Through a Concept Based Curriculum, University of Oklahoma School of Nursing, Oklahoma City, OK.
- Gay, J., KUMC Exemplar Courses (Dec 2013) "Active Learning Classroom B018: Classroom Culture and Norms for the Class of 2015"
- Gay, J., Conference Faculty, National Conference on Professional Nursing Education and Development (Oct 2013) Preconference II: Fostering Concept-Based Learning - Getting Started, "Panel: Challenges in Design and Implementation"
- 2014-2015, $1,500 - Jean Johnson Nursing Research Development Award to study student perceptions and effectiveness of concept cards as a teaching strategy in maternity clinical education
Awards & Honors
- 2014, Jayhawker RN Clinical Award, University of Kansas School of Nursing
- 2013, Jayhawker RN Clinical Award, University of Kansas School of Nursing
May 11, 2015