Katherine A. Fletcher, Ph.D., RN
Ph.D., KU School of Nursing
MSN, KU School of Nursing
BSN, University of Nebraska
- KU faculty since 1982
- Board Member, Sigma Theta Tau, Delta Chapter
Academic Program Affiliations
Current Areas of Teaching
- Nurs 338, Nursing Across the Lifespan
- Nurs 474, Nursing with Diverse Populations
- Nurs 333, Foundations of Nursing Practicum
- Nurs 477, Capstone Practicum
- Fletcher, K., (2015). Contributing author to Giddens, J. F. (2015). Concepts for Nursing Practice. Wrote concept chapter entitled "Fatigue".
- Kumm, S., & Fletcher, K., (2012). From daunting task to new beginnings: Bachelor of Science in Nursing Curriculum Revision Using the New Essentials. Journal of Professional Nursing, 28(2): 82-89. PMID: 22459137
- Silvestri, L. (2011). Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination. Contributing author published by Elsevier.
- Fletcher, K. A. (November 18, 2011). "Winning the Game: Using the "the Playbook" to Integrate QSEN competencies and BSN Essentials in Program-Wide Clinical Practice." AACN 2011 Baccalaureate Education Conference.
- Fletcher, K.A. (May 2013). "Conceptual Teaching-putting the jigsaw puzzle together. Invited presentation to the Indiana University School of Nursing.
- Fletcher, K. A. (October, 2013). "Fostering Concept-Based Learning: Getting Started." 40th National Conference on Professional Nursing Education and Development. Kansas City, MO.
- Fletcher, K. A. (August, 2014). "What's the big buzz about "Flipped Classrooms"? Invited presentation for state wide nursing faculty sponsored by Baker University and Stormont Vail Health Center.
- Fletcher, K. A. & Buchanan, L. (October 15 & 22, 2014) Webinars sponsored by WK Health "Concept-Based Learning: How to Build Your Curriculum" and "Concept-Based Learning: Selecting Concepts and Exemplars"
Awards & Honors
- 2012, Received Daisy Faculty Award for Undergraduate Teaching to honor exceptional impact on students and inspirational influence on their future.
- 1989, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2007, Received Jayhawker RN lecture Award - an award presented by the senior nursing students for the outstanding nursing instructor.
- 2002, Received Chancellor's Award for Outstanding Classroom Teaching.
- 1999, Received the Phyllis Keeney Lawrence Excellence in Teaching Award. Nominated and supported by faculty and students.
Aug 06, 2015