Kelli Kramer-Jackman, Ph.D., APRN, BC
Clinical Assistant Professor
Ph.D., Nursing, University of Kansas
MSN, University of Kansas
BSN, Graceland University
Health Professions Educator Certificate, University of Kansas
Health Informatics Certificate, University of Kansas
- KU faculty since 2007
- Sigma Theta Tau, Delta Chapter
- Midwest Nursing Research Society
- International Reversal Theory Society
- Peer reviewer for the Journal of Motivation, Emotion, and Personality: Reversal Theory Studies
Academic Program Affiliations
- Masters of Nursing Science
- Doctorate of Nursing Practice
- Bachelors of Health Informatics (Center for Health Informatics)
- Masters of Health Informatics (Center for Health Informatics)
Current Areas of Teaching
- NRSG 809: Health Promotion and Complementary Therapeutics
- IPHI 850 / NRSG 859: Introduction to Health Informatics
- IPHI 853 / NRSG 853: Abstraction and Modeling of Healthcare Information
- IPHI 856 / NRSG 856: Health Informatics Practicum
- Kramer-Jackman, K., L, & Popkess-Vawter, S. (2011). Method for technology-delivered healthcare measures. CIN: Computers, Informatics, Nursing. 29(12):730-740. PMID: 21694585
- Kramer-Jackman, K., & Kramer, D. (2010). Bariatric hospital bed safety and selection. Bariatric Nursing and Surgical Patient Care. 5(1). Doi: 10.1089/bar.2009.9942
- Kramer, K. L. (2007) Psychometric analysis of three tension scales in rural telehealth setting for weight management practice. UMI: 1-344. www.il.proquest.com
- Al Omari, H., Kramer, K., Hronek C., & Rempusheski, V. (2005). Rituals and rules in the wheat valley assisted living culture. The Journal of Gerontologic Nursing, 31, 9-16. PMID 15675779
- Kramer, K.L. (2004). WOC nurses as advocates for morbidly obese patients: A case study promoting the use of bariatric beds. The Journal of Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nursing, 31, 379-387. PMID: 15867714
- Kramer, K., Luder, M., & Popkess-Vawter, S. (2004). Nursing practice mailed client surveys as a source of evidence-based data. World Practitioner News, 9, 9-11.
- Kramer-Jackman, K.L., Bielby J., Gibbs H., Sabata D., & Shrader, S. (May, 2014). Academic EHR as Simulation Environment for Interprofessional Collaborative Teams. American Medical Informatics Association: Academic Forum. Detroit, Michigan.
- Kramer-Jackman, K. L. (May, 2014). TeamSTEPPS Training. Presented at Reynolds Program in Aging, Interprofessional Faculty Scholar Training in Kansas City, Kansas.
- Kramer-Jackman, K. L., Popkess-Vawter, S. A., (July, 2011). Online Study of Normal and Overweight Participant Responses on Overeating, Exercise, and Feelings Tension Scales. Paper Presented at 15th International Reversal Theory Society conference Washington, DC.
- Kramer-Jackman, K. L., Popkess-Vawter, S. A., (April, 2010). Health Information Technology-delivered Method (HITM). Presented at the Midwest Nursing Research Society regional conference in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Kramer, K. L., Popkess-Vawter, S. A., (July, 2007). Psychometric evaluation of three tension scales for weight management in rural telehealth settings. Presented at the 13th International Reversal Theory society conference in Gregynog, Wales.
- 2009, $5,000 Clinical Faculty Research Grant awarded from KU SON/ SHP Practice Committee for the Online Weight and Tension Study
Awards & Honors
- 2014, Reynolds Program in Aging Interprofessional Faculty Scholar
- 2013, American Medical Informatics Association 2013 Student Challenge Winner
- 2007, PhD Award for Outstanding Scholarship and Leadership, University of Kansas Nurses Alumni Association
Aug 06, 2015