Laura Klenke-Borgmann, MSN, RN, CEN
Clinical Assistant Professor
MSN, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
BSN, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
- KU faculty since 2013
- Sigma Theta Tau, Delta Omicron Chapter
- Member of Emergency Nurses Association
- Certified Emergency Nurse
- Post-Master's Certificate in Teaching
- PhD student, Villanova University, College of Nursing
Academic Program Affiliations
Current Areas of Teaching
- NRSG 329 Alterations in Physiological Functioning I
- NRSG 336 Alterations in Physiological Functioning II
- NRSG 812 Advanced Pathophysiology
- Zamierowski Institute for Experiential Learning
Awards & Honors
- 2019 Jean Johnson Nursing Research Development Award, University of Kansas School of Nursing
- 2019, Jayhawker RN Lecturer Award
- 2019, Nominee, The Daisy Faculty Award
- 2019, Nominee, Phyllis Keeney Lawrence Teaching Award
- 2017, Jayhawker RN Lecturer Award
- 2017, Nominee, Phyllis Keeney Lawrence Teaching Award
- 2015, Jayhawker RN Lecturer Award
- 2015, Nominee, The Daisy Faculty Award
- 2014, Nominee, March of Dimes Nurse of the Year, School of Nursing Educator category
- Klenke-Borgmann, L., Cantrell, M.A., & Mariani, B. (In Press). Nurse educators' guide to clinical judgment: A review of conceptualization, measurement, and development. Nursing Education Perspectives.
- Klenke-Borgmann, L. (03 January, 2019). High-fidelity simulation in the classroom for clinical judgment development in third-year baccalaureate nursing students. Nursing Education Perspectives. doi: 10.1097/01.NEP.0000000000000457
- "Improving Clinical Judgment with In-Class Simulations". Conference presentation. KU Teaching Summit August 2019.
- "The Effect of Inter-Professional Simulations in the Classroom on Pre-Licensure, Baccalaureate Nursing Students' Clinical Judgment Development". Poster presentation. Midwest Nursing Research Society 43rd Annual Research Conference March 2019.
- "High-Fidelity Simulation-Based Experiences as a Classroom Teaching Strategy and Clinical Judgment Development in Pre-Licensure BSN Program Students". Poster presentation. 22nd Annual Midwest Regional Nursing Educators Conference November 2018.
- "High Fidelity Simulation Situated in the Classroom". Conference presentation. KU Teaching Summit August 2016.
- "Student Perceptions of Teaching Strategies." Poster presentation. Co-presenter with Regina (Gina) H. Johnson, Sharon Kumm and Sharon Tarnow. Nurse Educator Institute April 2016.
Last modified: Sep 05, 2019