Lisa M. Ogawa, Ph.D., RN, CNE
Director, Quality and Safety Scholarship
Clinical Assistant Professor
Ph.D., University of Massachusetts, Worcester
MS, University of Massachusetts, Worcester
BS, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio
- KU School of Nursing faculty since 2012
- Director Quality and Safety Scholarship KU School of Nursing
- Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) through the National League for Nursing (NLN)
- ICAP-Peds Grant Team Member
- Faculty for Graduate Nursing Studies at University of Massachusetts, Worcester
- Director Nurse Educator Program University of Massachusetts, Worcester
- Sigma Theta Tau, Delta Alpha Chapter Member
- Nation League for Nursing Member
- Critical Care Nursing (Neurological Trauma ICU, Cardiothoracic ICU, Medial/Surgical ICU)
- Quality Coordinator, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, UMASS Memorial Healthcare System
- Served in the United States Air Force
Academic Program Affiliations
- Master of Science
- Doctorate Nursing Practice (DNP)
Current Areas of Teaching
- NRSG 748: Theories for Practice and Research
- NRSG 945: PhD Synthesis Workshop 1
- NRSG 948: Advanced Organizational and Clinical Quality
- NRSG 804: Interpreting Research for Applied Science
- NRSG 898: Nursing Research Project
- NRSG 964: Advanced Clinical Residency
- Pearson, S., Plummer, D., Jodan, G., Ogawa, L., Allison, J., Castillo-Page, L., Nivet, N., & Conrad, S. (2015). "Measuring Diversity and Inclusion in Academic Medicine: The Diversity Engagement Survey (DES)" Academic Medicine.
- Plummer, D., Pearson, S., Castillo-Page, L., Schoolcraft Conrad, S. Ogawa, L. (2001). Diversity Engagement Survey (DES). AAMC. https://www.aamc.org/download/329092/data/desflyer.pdf
- Bova, C., Ogawa Fink, L., Sullivan-Bolyai, S. (2010). Hepatitis C treatment experiences and decision making among patients living with HIV infection. JANAC, 21(1), 63-74. PMID: 19853480
- Ogawa, L., & Bova, C. (2009). Substance Use Experiences and Hepatitis C Treatment Decision-Making Among HIV/HCV Co-infected Adults. Substance Use and Misuse, 44, 119. PMID: 19440928
- Bova, C., Jaffarian, C., Himlan, P., Mangini, L., Ogawa, L. (2008). The symptom experience of HIV/HCV coinfected adults. Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care 19(3), 170-180. PMID: 1847758
- Ogawa, L. Collins, H. & Manos. L. (2015). Podium Presentation: Open Access Scholarly Communication in Interprofessional Healthcare: A Descriptive Survey. Interprofessional Health Care Summit: Armstrong Atlantic State University in Savannah Georgia.
- Ogawa, L., Moore, J., McGee, D., Boehm, H., Siers, G., Buckner, V., & Korell, A. (February 2015): Magnetizing KC: The University of Kansas Interprofessional Quality Education and Safety Training Program (KU-I-QuEsT). Poster Presentation.
- Ogawa, Moore, McGee, Boehm, Siers, Buckner, & Korell. (2014) The University of Kansas Interprofessional Quality Education and Safety Training Program (KU-I-QuEsT). Poster Presentation at University of Missouri Sinclair School of Nursing 18th Annual Midwest Regional Nursing Educators Conference. November 13-14, 2014.
- Ogawa, Moore, McGee, Boehm, Siers, Buckner, & Korell. (2014) The University of Kansas Interprofessional Quality Education and Safety Training Program (KU-I-QuEsT). Poster Presentation 26th Annual Institute for Healthcare Improvement Conference: December 9-11, 2014.
- Ogawa, L. & Collins, H. (2014). Open Access Scholarly Communication in Interprofessional Healthcare Podium Presentation. Interprofessional Healthcare Summit: Armstrong Atlantic State University, Savannah Georgia.
- 2015: Clinical Faculty Grant: University of Kansas Interprofessional Quality and Education and Safety Training Program (KU-I-QuEST) $5000.00.
- 2014: KU Hospital Auxiliary: University of Kansas Interprofessional Quality and Education and Safety Training Program (KU-I-QuEST) $3000.00.
Awards & Honors
- 2015: Daisy Faculty Award
- 2010-GSN Distinguished Faculty Award
- 2009- GSN Distinguished Faculty Award
- 2004- The Worcester Nursing Pipeline Consortium: Fairlawn Leadership Award
- 2003-GSN Academic Achievement and Leadership Award
Aug 02, 2016