Lori Liebl, Ph.D., RN, CNE
Clinical Assistant Professor
School of Nursing
PhD, University of Nebraska Medical Center
MS, Regis University
BSN, Regis University
- KU faculty since 2017
- Member of American Nurses Association, Midwest Nursing Researcher Society, National League for Nurses, Sigma Theta Tau Delta Chapter, The Council for the Advancement of Nursing, Western Institute of Nursing
- Peer reviewer American Journal of Health Behavior and The Journal of Clinical Nursing
- Areas of Research Interests: Interprofessional Education; Family Health Education; Sustainable health behaviors
Academic Program Affiliations
- Master of Science
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Current Areas of Teaching
- NRSG 748, Theories for Nursing Practice and Research
- NRSG 847, Advanced Concepts in Public Health Nursing
Select Publications and Presentations
- Liebl, L., Barnason, S., & Brage-Hudson, D. (2016). Awakening: A qualitative study on maintaining weight loss after bariatric surgery. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 25 (7-8), 951-61. doi: 10.1111/jocn.13129
- Liebl, Liebl, L. (2016). Cost-effective recruitment and retention strategies for rural adult
- subjects. Podium Presentation at the Forty-Ninth Annual Western Institute of Nursing Research Conference, Anaheim, CA.
- Liebl, L. (2016). Post-bariatric surgical support systems: Roles, dynamics, and influences. Poster
- presented at the Seventh Annual International Obesity & Chronic Diseases Research Conference, Las Vegas, NV.
- Liebl, L. (2015). Maintaining weight loss after bariatric surgery. Podium Presentation
- at the Fourth Annual International Research Conference on Obesity and Weight Management, Atlanta, GA.
- Liebl, L., & Hulme, P. (2013). Experiences Related to Maintaining Weight Loss: A Review and Synthesis of Qualitative Research. Poster presented at the Thirty-Seventh Annual Research Conference of the Midwest Nursing Research Society, Chicago, IL.
Sep 27, 2017