Nelda Godfrey, Ph.D., RN, ACNS-BC, FAAN
Associate Dean, Innovative Partnerships & Practice
Ph.D., Nursing, University of Missouri
MN, Nursing, University of Kansas
BSN, University of Missouri-Columbia
- Associate Dean and Faculty since 2008
- Theory development and research on professional identity formation
- Developing entrepreneurial and revenue opportunities to meet the mission of the School of Nursing
Academic Program Affiliations
- Partnership Program
- Master of Science
- Graduate Appointment
- Godfrey, N. (in press). Professional identity, image and insights in career planning. In Current Trends in Oncology Nursing, 2nd edition. Oncology Nursing Society.
- Godfrey, N. (2018). Identifying predatory publication and conference invitations. From the Ethics Inbox. ANA on the Frontline. American Nurse Today, p. 51.
- Godfrey, N. & Crigger, N. (2017). Professional Identity. In Giddens, J. Concepts of Nursing Practice, 2nd edition. St. Louis: Elsevier Publishing. 379-386.
- Kumm, S. & Godfrey, N. (2017). Managing organizational change effectively. In Oermann, M., ed., A Systematic Approach to Assessment and Evaluation of Nursing Programs. Washington, DC: NLN Publications. 138-147.
- Godfrey, N. & Blubaugh, M. (2017). From Innovative Idea to State-Supported Policy: Academic Progression in Prelicensure Registered Nurse Education Using the Partnership Model. Journal of Nursing Regulation. 8 (3), 12-17.
- Godfrey, N. & Martin, D. (2016). Breakthrough Thinking in Nursing Education: The Baccalaureate Big Five. Journal of Nursing Administration, 46, (7/8), 393-399.
- 4/18 Godfrey, N. Adopting an entrepreneurial mindset. Doctoral Program Intensive, Sinclair School of Nursing, University of Missouri. Columbia, MO (invited)
- 3/18 Godfrey, N. & Chen, C. Competency based education for the health professions:Through the looking glass. American Association of Colleges of Nursing Dean's meeting. Washington, DC (invited)
- 1/18 Godfrey, N. The Interprofessional movement to foster professional identity formation. Institute for Regulatory Excellence, National Council of State Boards of Nursing, San Francisco (invited)
- 11/17 Godfrey, N. Ethics and nursing education. Midwest Regional Nursing Education Conference, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO (invited)
- 4/17 Godfrey, N., Crigger, N. & Kumm, S. (2017). How one forms a professional identity: Perspectives over time from pre-licensure student nurses. Poster presentation. Midwest Nursing Research Society, Minneapolis, MN (peer reviewed)
- 4/17 Meyer, D. & Godfrey, N. What every community college president or administrator needs to know about their nursing program. Podium presentation. American Association of Community Colleges Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA (invited)
- Godfrey, N. (2012). State Implementation Grant for the Missouri Action Coalition, Robert Wood Johnson/AARP Center to Champion Nursing in America, $150,000. Chief grant writer and co-administrator.
- Godfrey, N.S., Kumm, S. & Crigger, N. (2012). Innovation and Assessment of Professionalism in Nursing Education. Office of Grants and Research, University of Kansas School of Nursing. $5000
- Godfrey, N.S. (2009-16). Clinical Faculty and Clinical Sites through the Kansas Department of Corrections, 2009-2016. $40,000 per year x 9 years. Total: $360,000
- Primary Co-Investigator Professional Identity in Nursing Students. Collaborative research with Cowin, L., Johnson, M. and Wilson, I. Western Sydney University, Australia 2016-present
- Primary Investigator Innovation and Assessment of Professionalism in Nursing Education. With Kumm, S. & Crigger, N. Office of Grants and Research, University of Kansas School of Nursing. Funded: $5000 2012-2016
Awards and Honors
- Amy O'Brien Ladner Innovation Award, Women in Medicine and Science, University of Kansas Medical Center, 2017.
- Chair, Standards Committee of the National League for Nursing Commission on Nursing Education Accreditation, 2016-2017.
- Fellow, American Academy of Nursing 2012
- Leadership Award, Missouri Nurses Association 2011
- Invited faculty, Harvard Macy Institute, Innovations in Health Care and Education Conference, Harvard Macy Institute, Boston, 2011, 2015