Nelda S Godfrey, Ph.D., RN, ACNS-BC, FAAN
Associate Dean, Innovative Partnership & Practice
Ph.D., Nursing, University of Missouri
MS, Nursing, University of Kansas
BSN, University of Missouri in Columbia
- Associate Dean and Faculty since 2008
- Theory development and research on professional identity formation
- Developing entrepreneurial and revenue generating opportunities on behalf of the School of Nursing, primarily in the area of advanced nursing practice
Academic Program Affiliations
- Partnership Program
- Master of Science
- Graduate Appointment
- Godfrey, N. (in press). Professional identity, image and insights in career planning. In Current Trends in Oncology Nursing, 2nd edition. Oncology Nursing Society.
- Godfrey, N. & Crigger, N. (2017). Professional Identity. In Giddens, J. Concepts of Nursing Practice, 2nd edition. St. Louis: Elsevier Publishing. 379-386.
- Kumm, S. & Godfrey, N. (2017). Managing organizational change effectively. In Oermann, M., ed., A Systematic Approach to Assessment and Evaluation of Nursing Programs. Washington, DC: NLN Publications. 138-147.
- Godfrey, N. & Blubaugh, M. (2017, October) [in press]. From Innovative Idea to State supported Policy: Academic Progression in Pre-licensure RN Education Using the Partnership Model. Journal of Nursing Regulation.
- Godfrey, N. & Martin, D. (2016). Breakthrough Thinking in Nursing Education: The Baccalaureate Big Five. Journal of Nursing Administration, 46, (7/8), 393-399.
- 4/17 Godfrey, N., Crigger, N. & Kumm, S. (2017). How one forms a professional identity: Perspectives over time from pre-licensure student nurses. Poster presentation. Midwest Nursing Research Society, Minneapolis, MN (peer reviewed)
- 4/17 Godfrey, N. The Partnership Model: An Innovative Approach to Collaborative Revenue Generation. Podium presentation. Savannah, GA (invited)
- 4/17 Godfrey, N. & Sportsman, S. Conceptual Learning: Current State of the Science in Nursing and Higher Education. Podium presentation. Savannah, GA (invited)
- 4/17 Meyer, D. & Godfrey, N. What every community college president or administrator needs to know about their nursing program. Podium presentation. American Association of Community Colleges Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA (invited)
- 3/17 Godfrey, N. Are We Doing Things Right...or Doing the Right Things? Podium presentation, Keynote, Elsevier Nursing Education Conference, Las Vegas (invited)
- Godfrey, N. (2012). State Implementation Grant for the Missouri Action Coalition, Robert Wood Johnson/AARP Center to Champion Nursing in America, $150,000. Chief grant writer and co-administrator.
- Godfrey, N.S., Kumm, S. & Crigger, N. (2012). Innovation and Assessment of Professionalism in Nursing Education. Office of Grants and Research, University of Kansas School of Nursing. $5000
- Godfrey, N.S. (2009-16). Clinical Faculty and Clinical Sites through the Kansas Department of Corrections, 2009-2016. $40,000 per year x 9 years. Total: $360,000
- Primary Co-Investigator Professional Identity in Nursing Students. Collaborative research with Cowin, L., Johnson, M. and Wilson, I. Western Sydney University, Australia 2016-present
- Primary Investigator Innovation and Assessment of Professionalism in Nursing Education. With Kumm, S. & Crigger, N. Office of Grants and Research, University of Kansas School of Nursing. Funded: $5000 2012-2016
Awards and Honors
- Amy O'Brien Ladner Innovation Award, Women in Medicine and Science, University of Kansas Medical Center, 2017.
- Chair, Standards Committee of the National League for Nursing Commission on Nursing Education Accreditation, 2016-2017.
- Fellow, American Academy of Nursing 2012
- Leadership Award, Missouri Nurses Association 2011
- Invited faculty, Harvard Macy Institute, Innovations in Health Care and Education Conference, Harvard Macy Institute, Boston, 2011, 2015