Phoebe D Williams, Ph.D., RN, FAAN
Ph.D., University of Pittsburgh, PA
MN, University of Pittsburgh, PA
MA (Psychology), University of the Philippines, Manila
BSN, University of the Philippines, Manila
Certificate, 1995, Tufts University, New England Epidemiology Institute, Boston, MA
- KU faculty since 1992
- Sigma Theta Tau, Delta Chapter
- Peer reviewer for Cancer Nursing, Clinical J. Oncology Nursing, RINAH, UPNAAI Nursing Journal
Academic Program Affiliations
Current Areas of Teaching
- NRSG 772, Scholarly Writing for Health Professionals
- NURS 461, Honors Research (Undergraduates) in Nursing (Faculty Mentor)
- NRSG 898, Capstone Research Project (Graduate students) in Nursing
- NURS 999, PhD dissertation
- Williams, PD et al. (2003). A community based intervention for siblings and parents of children with chronic illness (cancer, CF, DD,Type 1 diabetes, spina bifida): the ISEE Study. Journal of Pediatrics, 143, 386-393. PMID: 14517525
- Williams, PD & Williams AR (2005). Nursing: Social science methods. Encyclopedia of Social Measurement. (pp 893-904). United Kingdom: Elsevier.
- Williams PD, Williams KA, Roling-Lafaver S, Johnson R, Williams AR (2011). An intervention to manage patient-reported TRSC symptoms during cancer treatment. Clin J Oncol Nurs. 15(3): 253-258. PMID: 21624860
- Williams PD, Williams AR, Kelly KP et al. (2012). A Symptom Checklist for Children with Cancer: the TRSC-C. Cancer Nursing, 35(2),89-98. PMID: 21760487
- Williams PD, Graham K, Storlie D et al. (2013). Therapy-Related Symptom Checklist (TRSC) use during treatments at a Cancer Center.Cancer Nursing, 36(3)245-254. PMID: 22744208
- Williams PD, Piamjariyakul U, DeGennaro J , Williams AR (2014,Apr). The TRSC-C and childhood leukemia in Thailand and the USA: Symptom occurrence and severity and care strategies for symptom relief--paper. In Proceedings IWBBIO 2014 International Work-Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering (vol. 1, pp 308-314); Granada, Spain
- Williams AR, Williams PD, Williams DD (2014,Apr). The development and application of an oncology Therapy-Related Symptom Checklist for Adults (TRSC) and Children (TRSC-C) and Bioinformatics Applications. . In Proceedings IWBBIO 2014 International Work-Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering (vol. 1, pp 304-307); Granada, Spain.
- Williams AR, Doolittle G, Williams PD et al. [2006, Oct]. Use of a Therapy Related Symptom Checklist (TRSC) in a Rural Telemedicine Hematology/Oncology Practice in the United States. In the Proceedings of the International PsychoOncology Society, IPOS, Congress, p.S458. Venice, Italy.
- Williams PD, Williams AR, Kelly KP, Dobos C et al. (2010,Nov). The Therapy-Related Symptom Checklist for Children (TRSC-C): a Patient-Parent Report Checklist (paper). In Proceedings 37th Annual American Academy of Nursing (AAN) National Conference, Washington, DC.
- Williams PD, Williams DD, Smith J et al. (2011,Sept). Patient-reported symptoms, alleviation w/ self-care methods, daily activities, and health-related quality of life during outpatient cancer treatments in the U.S.A (poster). 5th Pan-Pacific Nursing Conference & 7th Nursing Symposium on Cancer Care. Hong Kong.
- Alex Lemonade Stand Fdn: Williams PD, PI (RIQW845550) 01/01/2009 - 12/31/2011
TRSC-C, Therapy-Related Symptoms Checklist-Children: Symptom monitoring; improve interventions (Multi-site study, 4 Children's Hospitals; one med ctr, USA) Symptom monitoring and dependent care during cancer treatments of U.S. and Thai children
- Mayo Health Foundation: Graham K (PI); Williams PD, Co-PI 06/01/2006-2010
Community-based symptom management in oncology: A pilot clinical/ translational trial.
- NIH Grant #R01NR04711 ($1.3M): Williams, PD (PI) 07/02/1998-07/01/2002
Intervention for Siblings: Experience Enhancement, ISEE: Randomized Controlled Trial [RCT]
- Coll. Public Health (CPH)-USF: Williams AR (PI); Williams PD (Co-I) 07/01/2011-7/01/2013
Cross-Cultural Dimensions of Self-Care Engagement by Patients
- Fulbright Regional (South East Asia: Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand) Research Grant: Williams PD (PI) 1991 & 2000
- KU Faculty Research Award & Jean Johnson Research Award: Williams,PD(PI) 07/02/2005-07/01/2007
The Therapy-Related Symptom Checklist (TRSC) and symptom management during treatment for cancer in 3 Asian countries: a replication
Awards & Honors
- 1962, Phi Kappa Phi Lifetime member
- 1987, Consultant, United Nations Development Program, TOKTEN Project
- 1988, Fellow, American Academy of Nursing
- 2007, Distinguished Alumni Award, University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing
- 2012, Distinguished Lifetime Achievements Award, University of the Philippines Alumni Assn,
- 2014, KSNA Nurse of the Year in Research Award, Kansas State Nurses Association
Aug 06, 2015