R. Geraldine Neuberger, RN, MN, EdD, APRN
Nursing Diploma, Kentucky Baptist Hospital
BA, English, Georgetown College
MS, Nursing, University of Kansas
PhD, University of Kansas
Recognized for her research on arthritis, Dr. Geri Neuberger brings over 40 years of experience to graduate students at the KU School of Nursing.
She was the principal investigator of a grant entitled "Symptom Responses to Exercise in Rheumatoid Arthritis." Through this $1.5 million grant from the National Institute of Nursing Research, Dr. Neuberger tested an exercise intervention for adults with rheumatoid arthritis. Dr. Neuberger has written numerous articles for a wide variety of health publications, in addition to her many presentations throughout the country.
After earning a diploma in nursing from Kentucky Baptist Hospital, Dr. Neuberger continued her education at Georgetown College where she received a bachelor's degree in English. She earned both a master's degree in nursing and doctoral degree in curriculum and instruction from the University of Kansas.
- Robbins, L.B., Pender, N.J., Conn, V.S., Frenn, M.D., Neuberger, G. B., Nies, M.A., Topp, R.V., & Wilbur, J. (2001). Physical Activity Research in Nursing, Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 33, 315-321.
- Bergquist, S., & Neuberger, G.B. (2002). Common symptoms of chronic illness: Altered mobility and fatigue. In I. Lubkin & P. Larsen (Eds.). Chronic Illness: Impact and Interventions (5th ed.). Boston: Jones & Bartlett.
- Neuberger, G.B. (2003). Measures of fatigue: The fatigue questionnaire, fatigue severity scale, multidimensional assessment of fatigue scale and sort form-36 vitality (energy/fatigue) subscale of the short form health survey. Arthritis & Rheumatism (Arthritis Care & Research), 49(5S), S175-S183.
- Jamison, M., Neuberger, G.B., Miller, P. (2003). Correlates of falls and fear of falling among adults with rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Care and Research 49. 673-680.
- mmouri, A. A., Kaur, H., Neuberger, G. Gajewski, Choi, W. S. (2007). Correlates of exercise participation in adolescents. Journal of Public Health Nursing 24, 111-120.
- Neuberger, G.B., Aaronson, L.S., Gajewski, B., Embretson, S.E., Cagle, P. E., Loudon, J. K., Miller,P. E. (2007), Predictors of exercise and effects of exercise on symptoms, function, aerobic fitness, disease outcomes of Rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis & Rheumatism (Arthritis Care & Research), 57, 943-952.
- Ammouri, A.A., Neuberger, G., Nashwan, A., J., Al-Haj, A. M. (2007). Determinants of self-reported physical activity among Jordanian adults. Journal of Nursing Scholarship 30(4), 342-348.
Dec 23, 2014