Regina (Gina) H. Johnson, MSN, RN
MSN, University of Kansas School Of Nursing, Kansas City, KS
BSN, Mid-America Nazarene University, Olathe, Kansas
- KU faculty since 2013
- Sigma Theta Tau, Delta Chapter
- Association of Community Health Nurse Educators
- Dual Member American Public Health Association and Kansas Public Health Association
- Kansas Action Coalition - Advocacy Committee Member
Academic Program Affiliations
- Shared Curriculum / KU-Community Colleges Partnership Model
Current Areas of Teaching
- NRSG 485, Population Based Health Care I
- NURS 486, Population Based Health Care II
- NRSG 446, Population Based Health Care for the Practicing Nurse
- NURS 411, Population Health
- Haas, D.W., Clough, L.A., Johnson, B.W., Spearman, P., Harris, V.L., Nicotera, J., Johnson, R.H., Raffanti, S., Zhong, L., Berquist, P., Chamberlin, S., Hoagland, V., and Ju, W.D. Steady-state pharmacokinetics of indinavir in cerebrospinal fluid and plasma among adults with HIV-1 infection. Clin Pharmacol Therapy (2000). PMID: 11061576
- Physicians Orders for Life Sustaining Treatment® (2013). The POLST Quality and Research Toolkit. Johnson, G. KS-MO TPOPP Coalition Survey and KS-MO TPOPP Implementation Plan, p. 135-143.
- Joyce, B. L., Harmon, M. J., Pilling, L. B., Johnson, R. H., Hicks, V. L., & Brown-Schott, N. (2015). The Preparation of Community/Public Health Nurses: Amplifying the Impact. Public Health Nursing (Boston, Mass.), 32(6), 595-597. PMID: 26493373
- Kumm, S. and Johnson, G. (2014). A model for designing, aligning, and evaluating BSN curricula: The baccalaureate big 5. American Association of Colleges of Nursing Baccalaureate Conference, Baltimore, MA. November, 2014.
- Hicks, V. and Johnson, G. (2014). Spring academic and community partnerships. KUSON. January, 2015.
- Johnson, G. (2014). Population health care. Midwest Region Health Professions Conference Meeting Today's Healthcare Needs, Pittsburg, KS. October, 2014
- Martin, D. Godfrey, N., Belchez, C. , Kumm, S., Johnson, G., Weisbaubt, J. & Barnes, P. (2014). Undergraduate nursing education in Kansas: Bringing together associate and baccalaureate educational colleagues to enhance student readiness. Kansas Associate Degree Nurse Educators Fall Forum. October 23, 2014.
- Johnson, G. and Peltzer, J. (2014). Population healthcare: A framework for improving sustainability of our interventions - one patient, one community at a time. Area Health Education Center Northeast. Highland Community College, Highland, KS. June, 2014.
Awards & Honors
- 2015, DAISY Faculty Award