Sally Maliski, Ph.D., RN, F.A.A.N
Dean, School of Nursing
Ph.D., University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, NC
MS, Russell Sage College, NY
BS, State University of New York at Albany, NY
- KU faculty since 2016
- KU Health Partners, Inc - President
- KU Cancer Center - Associate Director for Health Equity
- Wyandotte Community Health Center - Chair, Board Development
- KU Health System - Board member, Quality Committee, Education Oversight Committee
- Saria MG, Nyamathi A, Phillips LR, Stanton AL, Evangelista L, Kesari S, Maliski S (2017). The hidden morbidity of cancer: Burden in caregivers of patients with brain metastasis. Nursing Clinics of North American. 52(1), 159-178. PMID: 28189161
- Baskin AS, Kwan L, Connor SE, Maliski SL, Litwin MS (2016). Low self-efficacy is associated with decreased emergency department use in underserved men with prostate cancer. Urologic Oncology Journal, 34(1), 3e 15-21. PMID 26411548.
- Williams L, Hicks E, Kwan L, Litwin MS, Maliski SL (2014). Cardiovascular risk profile of veteran men beginning androgen deprivation therapy. Journal of Vascular Nursing, 32(3), 99-104. PMID: 25131756.
- Baskin AS, Kwan L, Connor SE, Maliski S.L., Litwin MS. (2016) Low self-efficacy is associated with decreased emergency department use in underserved men with prostate cancer. Urology Oncology Journal, 34(1): 3.e15-21. PMID: 26411548
- Wieslander CK, Alas A, Dunivan GC, Sevilla C, Cichowski S, Maliski S.L, Eilber K, Rogers RG, Anger JT. (2015). Misconceptions and miscommunication among Spanish-speaking and English-speaking women with pelvic organ prolapse. International Urogynecology Journal, 26(4): 597-604. PMID 25516231
- Hodge, F., Maliski, S.L., Itty, T., Martinez, F. (2014). Colorectal cancer screening: The role of perceived susceptibility, risk and cultural illness beliefs among American Indians. J. Cult. Divers., 21(2), 48-55. PMID: 25011207.
- Williams, L.A.., Hicks, E.M., Kwan, L., Litwin, M.S., Maliski, S.L. (2014). Cardiovascular Risk Profile of Veteran Men Beginning Androgen Deprivation Therapy (ADT). Journal of Vascular Nursing. 32(3), 99-104. PMID: 25131756
- Maliski SL, Hicks EM (2015) Doing Positivity: Latino Men on ADT and Depression. Podium presentation at the Western Institute of Nursing Annual Meeting, April, 2015.
- Williams KC, Hicks EM, Chang N, Connor SE, Litwin MS, and Maliski SL. Moving toward a new normal: Latinas supporting their husbands after prostatectomy for prostate cancer. Presented at the 2013 American Public Health Association Annual Meeting, November, 2013.
- Oduro C, Connor SE, Litwin MS, Maliski SL. Barriers to prostate cancer care: Affordable care is not enough. Presented at the 2012 American Public Health Association Annual Meeting, October, 2012.
- 2015-2019 Transition from a publicly-funded treatment program to Medicare (Co-I), American Cancer Society grant
- 2014-2019 Staying Strong and Health during Androgen Deprivation Therapy for Latino Men(PI) NIH/NINR R01 RNR014518A
Awards & Honors
- 2014, Daisy Award for Extraordinary Nurses - Faculty Award (PhD program)
- 2010, Selected as a Fellow of the American Academy of Nursing
- 2005, ONS/Schering Excellence in Cancer Nursing Research Award Nominee
- 2001, ONS/Schering Excellence in Cancer Nursing Research Award Recipient
Last modified: Oct 09, 2018