The KU Nursing Advantage
The University of Kansas School of Nursing can provide you with a path to success at the highest level of nursing expertise. Consider KU for your graduate education:
- Admission is open to nurses with a BSN, MSN, or a graduate degree in another health-related discipline.
- Ph.D. coursework is offered in a flexible, distance education format with online classes, web-conferencing, and limited on-campus visits. Students can follow a part-time, full-time, or even a 3-year Fast Track plan of study.
- Innovative curriculum design that includes a Minor - a set of 11 credits of coursework to provide depth in an area of study related to the dissertation.
- Opportunity to work with scholars and researchers from across the University of Kansas Medical Center campus. Ph.D. students identify a research focus and are mentored by a graduate faculty member with similar research interests.
- Supportive environment for students with small classes and a focus on scholar development.
- Financial assistance through scholarships, loans, grants, graduate assistantships and special funding opportunities.
- As a state-supported, public university, KU is committed to providing quality and affordable graduate education. Tuition for online graduate nursing courses is the same rate for both Kansas residents and students from out-of-state.
Nov 16, 2016