Vicki L. Hicks, MS, APRN
Clinical Associate Professor
MS, University of Kansas
BSN, Avila University, Kansas City, Missouri
- KU faculty since 1992
- Faculty Practice - KU School of Nursing, Bloodborne Pathogen Control Program Case Manager since 1994
- Sigma Theta Tau, Delta Chapter
- Lead faculty for Population Based BSN clinical experiences
- Coordinates BSN international clinical experiences
Academic Program Affiliations
Current Areas of Teaching
- NRSG 480, Population Based Health Care Practicum
- NRSG 446, Population Based Health Care for the Practicing Nurse
- NURS 469, Independent Study- International Health Care Elective
- Hicks, V. (June 6, 2014). Concept Based Curricular Change in Baccalaureate Nursing Education: What This Means For Population Based Clinical Courses, ACHNE Annual Conference, San Antonio, Texas,.
- Hicks, V. (June 6-8, 2013). Coming to Terms with Undergraduate Concept Based Curricular Change in Nursing Education: What Does This Mean For Population Based Clinical Courses, 2013 ACHNE & APHN Joint Meeting, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Hicks, V. & Hildenbrand, W.( August 22, 2013). Interprofessional Online Learning: Populations Based Healthcare for Occupational Therapists and Nurses, KU Teaching Summit, Lawrence, KS,
- Hildenbrand, W. & Hicks, V. (June 6-8, 2013). Developing Core Competencies for Inter Professional Collaborative Practice (ICP) through Participation in an Online Learning Community", 2013 ACHNE & APHN Joint Meeting, Raleigh, North Carolina,.
- Hicks, V, Nowak, J, & Brewer, K. (June 4, 2008), Trans-cultural Clinical Experiences: Impact On The Cognitive Development of Senior Baccalaureate Nursing Students. ACHNE spring conference, Atlanta.
- 1999 - 2001 Partnership for Best Practices in Clinical Education Demonstration Project from Sigma Theta Tau
- 1995- 1999 Faculty Development Grant for Preventing Alcohol and other Drug Abuse from National Center for Substance Abuse Prevention (CSAP)
- 1997 - 1998 Faith Initiative Grant from National Center for Substance Abuse Prevention (CSAP)
Awards & Honors
- 2010, Chancellor's Distinguished Teaching Award
- 2009, Jayhawker RN Clinical Teaching Award
- 2008, Awarded Delta Chapter, Sigma Theta Tau Travel Award
- 2004, Awarded Delta Chapter, Sigma Theta Tau Travel Award
Last modified: Oct 09, 2018