Enrollment Requirements for Graduate Nursing Students
The KU School of Nursing partners with numerous health care agencies in the Kansas City area and other communities in Kansas and Missouri, to provide students with clinical/residency/practicum learning experiences. In order to maintain JACAHO accreditation, the agencies require all persons who are involved in patient care activities to meet certain requirements for registered nurse licensure, criminal background checks and other healthcare related checks.
All new students admitted to graduate programs in nursing must meet the following requirements prior to initial enrollment in nursing courses, and then must maintain throughout their program of study. Detailed information and instructions for completing the enrollment requirements are provided to new students upon an offer of admission.
- Criminal background check
- Family Care Safety Registry (if required for degree program)
- Verification of active registered nurse license. Additional RN licensure may be required based on student's clinical location.
- Student Health Requirements: Proof of last physical examination, health insurance, current immunizations for MMR, Chickenpox, Hepatitis B, Tetanus-Diphtheria.
- Color Blindness Screen (if required for degree program)
- Current BLS Affirmation
- Confidentiality Statement (HIPAA)
- PROFITS Pledge
- Technical Standards Form
- KUMC Student Life University Orientation (completed online)