Ericka Sanner-Stiehr, PhD, RN
Clinical Assistant Professor
PhD, University of Missouri-Kansas City
BSN, University of Missouri-Kansas City
ADN, Johnson County Community College
- KU SON Faculty since 2020
- Sigma Theta Tau, Eta Upsilon Chapter
Academic Program Affiliations
- BSN Traditional
- Graduate curricula
Current Areas of Teaching
- NRSG 941 Preparing for Doctoral Leadership
- NRSG 754 Health Care Research
- NURS 472 Evidence-based Practice: Translating Research to Practice
- NURS 339 Health & Illness: Nursing Across the Lifespan Practicum
- NURS 331 Basic Assessment and Clinical Skills
- Nursing workforce retention
- Nursing work environment
- Ehmke, M. and Sanner-Stiehr, E. (2019). Implementing a simulation to increase nursing students' self-awareness of attitudes and beliefs about poverty. Journal of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners.
- Sanner-Stiehr, E. (2018). Responding to disruptive behaviors in nursing: a longitudinal, quasi-experimental investigation of training for nursing students. Nurse Education Today, 5(68), 105-111. doi: 10.1016/j.nedt.2018.05.029.
- Sanner-Stiehr, E. & Reynolds-Kueny, C. (2017). From the top down: Transformational leadership for improved nurse and organizational outcomes. Journal of Healthcare Administration, 6(4), doi: https://doi.org/10.5430/jha.v6n4p1.
- Sanner-Stiehr, E. & Vandermause, R. (2017). Can't we all just get along? A dual-theory approach to understanding and managing the multigenerational workplace. Journal of Organizational Psychology, 17(2). ISSN# 2158-3609.
- Sanner-Stiehr, E. (2017). Using simulation to teach responses to lateral violence: Guidelines for nurse educators. Nurse Educator, 42(3), 133-137. doi: 10.1097/NNE.0000000000000326.
- Sanner-Stiehr, E., Garcia, A. Dunton, N., Godfrey, N., & Yang, F. (2021). Impact of Working in COVID-19: Well-Being and Intent to Stay or Leave Among Nurses, Certified Nurse Assistants, and Therapists. Midwest Nursing Research Society Annual Conference, Indianapolis, IN. (poster discussion)
- Sanner-Stiehr, E., Stevanin, S., and Kvist, T. (2019). Factors influencing job satisfaction in a multigenerational nursing workplace. Sigma Theta Tau Creating Healthy Work Environments Conference, New Orleans, LA. (poster)
- Sanner-Stiehr, E. (2018). Development of a scale to measure self-efficacy to respond to disruptive behaviors. NLN/STTI Nursing Educational and Research Conference, Washington, D.C. (podium)
- Sanner-Stiehr, E., Smith, M., Vandermause, R. (2018). Generational influences in RN work patterns and turnover. Imagine. Investigate. Implement. 11th Annual Multidisciplinary Research Conference. Barnes-Jewish Hospital Department of Research for Patient Care Services. St. Louis, Missouri. (podium)
- Sanner-Stiehr, E., Smith, M., Vandermause, R. (2018). Generational influences in RN work patterns and turnover. Midwest Nursing Research Society Conference. Cleveland, OH. (poster)
- Sanner-Stiehr, E. (2016). Lateral violence response training for nursing students. Midwest Nursing Research Society, Milwaukee, WI. (podium)
Awards & Honors
- 2020, Caring Award, Sigma Theta Tau Eta Upsilon Chapter
- 2010, Advancement of Nursing Award, University of Missouri- Kansas City