Lauren S. Aaronson, Ph.D., RN, FAAN
School of Nursing
Ph.D. in sociology, University of Washington
MN (community mental health nursing), University of California-Los Angeles
BSN, California State University
- KU faculty since 1989
- Kimminau, K., Jernigan, C., LeMaster, J., Aaronson, L., Christopher, M., Ahmed, S., Boivin, A., DeFino, M., Greenlee, R., Salvalaggio, G., Hendricks, D., Herbert, C., Mabachi, N., Macaulay, A.,and Westfall, J. (in press) Patient Engagement vs. Community Engagement: Emerging Issues. Medical Care.
- Brown, AR, Gajewski, BJ, Aaronson, LS, Mudaranthakam, DP, Hunt, SL, Berry, SM, Quintana, M, Pasnoor, M, Dimachkie, MM, Jawdat, O, Herbelin, L, Barohn, RJ (2016). A Bayesian Comparative Effectiveness Trial in Action: Developing a Platform for Multi-Site Study Adaptive Randomization. Trials, in-press. DOI: 10.1186/s13063-016-1544-5
- Kluding, P., Denton, J., Jamison, R., Brooks, W., Blackwell, K., Lantos, J., Waitman, R., McMahon, M, Choudhary, Bott, M., Greiner, A., Klaus, S., O'Brien-Ladner, A., Aaronson, L., Burns, J., & Barohn, R. (2015). Frontiers: Integration of a Research Participant Registry with Medical Clinic Registration and Electronic Health Records. Clinical and Translational Science. doi: 10.1111/cts.12309. [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 26243261.
- Barohn, RJ, Herbelin, L, and Aaronson, LS (2015) Clinical research: New frontiers. Merrill Series on the Research Mission of Public Universities, edited by Mabel Rice, University of Kansas
- Waitman L.R., Aaronson L.S, Nadkarni P.M, Connolly D.W, and Campbell J.R. (2014) The Greater Plains Collaborative: A PCORNet Clinical Research Data Network. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 21:637-641. PMID: 24778202
- Foehlich-Grobe, K. Lee, J., Aaronson, L., Nary, D., Washburn, R. and Little, T. (2014) Exercise for everyone: A randomized controlled trial of project Workout on Wheels in promoting exercise among wheelchair users. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 95, 20-28. PMID: 23872080
- Aaronson, L.S. (2012). Sampling; Data Analysis; Grantwriting (three different sections). In J. Fitzpatrick (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Nursing Research, 3rd Edition, New York: Springer.
- Wambach, K., Aaronson, L., Breedlove, G., Domian, E., Rojjanasrirat, W., and Yeh, H. (2011) A randomized controlled trial of breastfeeding support and education for adolescent mothers. Western Journal of Nursing Research, 33, 486-505. PMID:20876551
- 3/01/14 - 8/31/15, (Co-Investigator, Patient Engagement Lead) The Greater Plains Collaborative, CDRN-1306-04631, from Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) as part of the national PCORNet initiative, ($7,000,000 total costs)
- 6/01/11 - 2/28/16, (Principal Investigator) Heartland Institute for Clinical and Translational Research UL1 TR000001 National Center for Translational Science (formerly UL1 RR 033179 from National Center for Research Resources), NIH ($3,191,269 total costs) multiple PI with R. Barohn
- 6/01/11 - 2/28/16, (Principal Investigator) Heartland Institute for Clinical and Translational Research KL2 TR000119 National Center for Translational Science (formerly KL2 RR 033177 from National Center for Research Resources), NIH ($652,585 total costs) multiple PI with R. Barohn
- 6/01/11 - 2/28/16, (Principal Investigator) Heartland Institute for Clinical and Translational Research TL1 TR000120 National Center for Translational Science (formerly TL1 RR 033178 from National Center for Research Resources), NIH ($131,671 total costs) multiple PI with R. Barohn
Awards & Honors
- 2015, Marjorie S. Sirridge, MD, Excellence in Medicine & Science Award, KUMC Women in Medicine & Science
- 2014, Honorary Mentoring Award, University of Kansas Medical Center School of Medicine
- 2002, Faculty Investigator Research Award, University of Kansas Medical Center
- 2001, Ribbon of Hope Award: AIDS Community Service, awarded by the AIDS Council of Greater Kansas City
- 1995, Midwest Nursing Research Society Distinguished Contribution to Research in the Midwest Award