Pamela Barnes, Ph.D., MBA
Associate Dean, Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
Education Associate Professor, Leadership
Ph.D., Kansas State University
MBA, Wichita State University
BBA, Wichita State University
Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
- KU faculty and associate dean since 2013
- KUMC Diversity and Inclusion Cabinet
- KUMC Executive Student Affairs and Tuition and Fees Committees
- KUMC Graduate Council
- Peer reviewer for Human Resource Development International
- Chair of Scholar-Practitioner Special Interest Group, Academy of Human Resource Development
Academic Program Affiliations
- Master of Science
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Doctor of Philosophy
Current Areas of Teaching
- NRSG 881, Applied Budgeting and Finance
- NRSG 891, Human Resources and Workforce Development
- NRSG 980, Capstone Project (Leadership)
- Lavis, C. C., Williams, K. A., Fallin, J., Barnes, P. K., Fishback, S. J., & Thien, S. (2016). Assessing a multi-component faculty development program to foster institution-wide adoption of brain-based learning strategies across a land-grant university. Journal of Faculty Development, 30(1), 57-70.
- Barnes, P. (2012). Motivational conditions experienced by diverse adult learners in cohort-based accelerated degree programs: Quantifying learner perceptions for assessment and enhancement of adult motivation to learn. (Doctoral dissertation). ProQuest 3551017.
- Barnes-Vieyra, P. & Claycomb, C. (2001). Business-to-business e-commerce: Models and managerial decisions. Business Horizons, 44(3), 13-20.
- Podium. Barnes, P. (2018, June). Surpassing student engagement: Teaching that enhances motivation to learn. Presentation at the Kansas Nurse Educator Conference. Wichita. KS.
- Podium. Barnes, P. (2016, October). Thinking outside the university: Shared curriculum programs for increased baccalaureate degree attainment. Presentation at the Michael Tilford Conference on Diversity and Multiculturalism, Pittsburg State University, Pittsburg, KS.\
- 2013-2017, Project Director. Nurse Faculty Loan Program, U. S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- 2013-2017, Program Director. Kansas Board of Regents Nurse Educator Scholarship.
- 2014-2016, Project Director. Advanced Education Nursing Traineeship Program. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.