Regina (Gina) H. Johnson, MSN, RN
Clinical Assistant Professor
MSN, University of Kansas School Of Nursing, Kansas City, KS
BSN, Mid-America Nazarene University, Olathe, Kansas
- KU faculty since 2013
- Sigma Theta Tau, Delta Chapter
- Association of Community Health Nurse Educators
- Dual Member American Public Health Association and Kansas Public Health Association
- Kansas Action Coalition - Advocacy Committee Member
Academic Program Affiliations
- Shared Curriculum / KU-Community Colleges Partnership Model
Current Areas of Teaching
- NRSG 485, Population Based Health Care I
- NURS 486, Population Based Health Care II
- NRSG 446, Population Based Health Care for the Practicing Nurse
- NURS 411, Population Health
- Joyce, B., Harmon, M. , Johnson, RGH., Hicks, V., Brown-Schott, N., Pilling, L., Brownrigg, V. (2018). Community/public health nursing faculty's knowledge, skills and attitudes of the Quad Council Competencies for public health nurses. Public Health Nursing, 2018 Sep;35(5):427-439. doi: 10.1111/phn.12409. Epub 2018 May 2.
- Joyce, B., Brown-Schott, N., Hicks, V., Johnson, R., Harmon, M. & Pilling, L. (2017). The global health nursing imperative: Using competency-based analysis to strengthen accountability for population-focused practice, education, and research. Annals of Global Health, 83(3-4), 641-653.
- Joyce, B. L., Harmon, M. J., Pilling, L. B., Johnson, R. H., Hicks, V. L., & Brown-Schott, N. (2015). The Preparation of Community/Public Health Nurses: Amplifying the Impact. Public Health Nursing (Boston, Mass.), 32(6), 595-597. PMID: 26493373
- Physicians Orders for Life Sustaining Treatment® (2013). The POLST Quality and Research Toolkit. Johnson, G. KS-MO TPOPP Coalition Survey and KS-MO TPOPP Implementation Plan, p. 135-143.
- Haas, D.W., Clough, L. A., Johnson, B.W., Spearman, P., Harris, V.L., Nicotera, J., Johnson, R.H., Raffanti, S., Zhong, L., Berquist, P., Chamberlin, S., Hoagland, V., & Ju, W.D. (2000). Steady-state pharmacokinetics of indinavir in cerebrospinal fluid and plasma among adults with HIV-1 infection. Clinical Pharmacology, 68(4), 367-74. PMID: 11061576
- Harmon, M., Joyce, B., Brown-Schott, Hicks, V., Johnson, R., Pilling, L. Competencies: A disciplinary expectation and crucial strategy for maintaining and sustaining public health nurse workforce. ACHNE Annual Institute. New Orleans, LA, June 9, 2018. (Podium)
- Johnson, R. H. The past, present, and future: Amplifying the impact of community/public/population health baccalaureate nursing education. Kansas Nurse Educator Conference. Wichita, KS. June 5, 2018. (Podium)
- Pilling, L., Harmon, M., Joyce, B., Johnson, R., Hicks, V., Brown-Schott, N. "Global Health Nursing Imperative: Using Competency-Based Analysis to Strengthen Accountability for Population-Based Practice, Education and Research". American Public Health Association, November 8, 2017. (Podium)
- Johnson, R.H. and Rudiger, J. "An Outcomes Based Approach to Improve the Health of Populations: Schools of Nursing Using a Culture of Health Framework to Support Population Health Management." Midwest Teaching Conference, Columbus, MO, November 9, 2017. (Poster)
- Johnson, R.H. and Hicks, V. "Schools of Nursing Using a Culture of Health Framework to Support Population Health Management in Community Settings: Phase I." ACHNE Annual Institute, Baltimore, Maryland, June 2, 2017. (Poster)
- Harmon, M., Johnson, R.H., Joyce, B., Pilling, L., Hicks, V., & Brown- Schott, N."Amplifying the Impact of Community/Public Health Baccalaureate Nursing Education." 2015 AACN Baccalaureate Conference, Orlando, Fl, November 20, 2015. (Podium)
- Johnson, R. H. (2015). "Quality Improvement in Public Health: Competency Based Evaluation Tool for Teaching Population / Community / Public Health Nursing: A Multi-site Performance Management and Quality Planning Project." American Public Health Association, Chicago, IL, November 2, 2015. (Roundtable)
- Joyce, B., Harmon, M., Pilling, L., Johnson, R.H., Hicks, V., & Brown- Schott, N. "Competency Based Clinical Evaluation Tool for Teaching Community/Public Health Nursing: A Multi-Site Performance Management and Quality Planning Project." ACHNE Annual Institute, Denver, Colorado, June 6, 2015. (Podium)
- Kumm, S. and Johnson, G. (2014). A model for designing, aligning, and evaluating BSN curricula: The baccalaureate big 5. American Association of Colleges of Nursing Baccalaureate Conference, Baltimore, MA. November, 2014.
Awards & Honors
- 2015, DAISY Faculty Award