The KU Nursing Advantage
The University of Kansas School of Nursing can provide you with a path to success at the highest level of nursing expertise. Consider KU for your graduate education:
- Admission is open to nurses with a BSN, MSN, or a graduate degree in another health-related discipline.
- Ph.D. coursework is offered in a flexible, distance education format with online classes, web-conferencing, and limited on-campus visits. Students can follow a part-time, full-time, or even a 3-year Fast Track plan of study.
- Innovative curriculum design with Emphasis Areas in Symptom Science, Health Care Systems, and Nursing Education. Students select up to 11 credits of coursework that provides depth in an area of study related to the dissertation.
- Opportunity to work with scholars and researchers from across the University of Kansas Medical Center campus. Ph.D. students identify a research focus and are mentored by a graduate faculty member with similar research interests.
- Supportive environment for students with small classes and a focus on scholar development.
- Financial assistance through scholarships, loans, grants, graduate assistantships and special funding opportunities.
- As a state-supported, public university, KU is committed to providing quality and affordable graduate education. Tuition for online graduate nursing courses is the same rate for both Kansas residents and students from out-of-state.
Last modified: Apr 14, 2021